I would rather stand before God one day and have Him say, "You were more careful with your standards than you needed to be," than have Him say, "You fool! You blew it all!" -Dr. Michael Brown
Sunday, May 20, 2018
Saturday, May 19, 2018
"If the Holy Spirit was withdrawn from the church today, 95% of what we do would go on and no one would know the difference. If the Holy Spirit had been withdrawn from the New Testament church, 95% of what they did would stop, and everybody would know the difference."- A.W. Tozer
Posted by sedge at 5:49 AM
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Monday, May 14, 2018
Sunday, May 13, 2018
Saturday, May 12, 2018
Friday, May 11, 2018
The power of the communion meal is the manner in which it shouts to all Saints the high cost of intimate fellowship with an astonishingly Holy God. This is "remembered" in light of a future meal with our King made possible through the finished work of the Cross. -Dave Sliker
Thursday, May 10, 2018
“There was an extremeness in the hopefulness of Jesus that sets him apart from all other men who expect lesser glories or more frequently, no glory at all.” — H. Richard Niebuhr
Posted by sedge at 6:10 AM
Wednesday, May 09, 2018
The two foundational elements of classical premillennialism are simple:
1) The meek shall inherit the earth, not a disembodied, nebulous existence in the spirit realm. 2) God isn’t done with Israel. The chastisements that befell them in the 1st century were only partial and temporary.
Tuesday, May 08, 2018
Monday, May 07, 2018
Sunday, May 06, 2018
Saturday, May 05, 2018
Friday, May 04, 2018
Thursday, May 03, 2018
“The expectation of the reassembly of Israel was so widespread, and the memory of the twelve tribes remained so acute, that ‘twelve’ would necessarily mean ‘restoration’.” (Sanders, Jesus and Judaism, 98)
Posted by sedge at 5:23 AM
Wednesday, May 02, 2018
"It is true that God may have called you to be exactly where you are. But, it is absolutely vital to grasp that he didn’t call you there so you could settle in and live your life in comfort and superficial peace."
— Francis Chan
— Francis Chan
Tuesday, May 01, 2018
Monday, April 30, 2018
The near absence of revelation and preaching of Jesus the Righteous Judge as well as the Judgement Seat of Christ has dreadful consequences throughout society in this hour. The Fear of the Lord and His righteous judgment is a clean plumb line that holds much sin in check and turns many hearts toward His endless love and mercy. The kindness of the Lord leads us to repentance, but only in light of His severity and wrath upon all unrighteousness and ungodliness. -David Sliker
Sunday, April 29, 2018
If someone slanders us, we are to talk to them in private.
If we want to win the brother who is accusing, we must talk in private. If we want to win the argument, we will talk in public (Matthew 18:15; NAS). -Mike Bickle
Saturday, April 28, 2018
Friday, April 27, 2018
Thursday, April 26, 2018
- I would rather stand before God one day and have H...
- "If the Holy Spirit was withdrawn from the church ...
- The Firstfruits of the Spirit
- The Great Gentile Lie (2 Thess 2:11)
- “If then David calls him Lord, how is he his son?”...
- If your friends value what you do outwardly more t...
- The power of the communion meal is the manner in w...
- “There was an extremeness in the hopefulness of Je...
- The two foundational elements of classical premill...
- "It's easier to cool down a fanatic than to warm u...
- “there is a world of difference between knowing th...
- "Our glory is hidden in our pain, if we allow God ...
- “The expectation of the reassembly of Israel was s...
- "It is true that God may have called you to be exa...
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2017 (354)
- ► 2016 (367)
- ► 2015 (357)
- ► 2014 (357)
- ► 2013 (358)
- ► 2012 (369)
- ► 2011 (215)
- ► 2010 (130)
- ► 2008 (35)
- ► 2004 (17)
- ► 2003 (39)