Wednesday, September 15, 2021

REUNION ON PATMOS // 'Ballads of the Revelation'



There on the island, my Lord I did see I fell at His feet as though dead trembling in glory I’ve been yearning for years now yearning to be Near to my Friend again as in my memories Oh I’ve missed Him so; O, I’ve missed Him so More than words can say just how much I ache To see my friend again There on the island I beheld His face like sun His voice a torrent of waters His feet like burnished bronze In those hands once scarred, now holding seven stars And the keys to death and hell, our Conqueror’s reward In His eyes were flames, in His mouth a sword The One I knew as Savior, I beheld as Lord Oh I’ve missed Him so; O, I’ve missed Him so More than words can say just how much I ache To see my friend again I feel homesick, lovesick; this paradox in me It’s better when You’re here but You said it’s better if You leave Maybe this is what You meant back then Knowing what it would do in me My heart now haunted by memories of my Friend And those days in Galilee Oh I’ve missed Him so; O, I’ve missed Him so More than words can say just how much I ache To see my friend again

No comments:

Blog Archive