Saturday, February 15, 2003

nick drake sings softly over the whine of the engine. i've never seen a pink moon. i open the window and crank the volume. soft warm air blows in and around my car. the night is trying to tell me something but i can't be bothered to figure it out. i turn the music louder. the feeling and music permeate me further. all the lights are green and cars move out of my way. i watch the street lights reflect off the car. they move systematically down the hood and over my head. little blue houses whistle past. this is the night. the moon shines brighter further from the city. it grows stronger. sometimes i can feel its pull. the ocean never gets tired of its fruitless pursuit - and i can understand why. its a poem so epic and true...this place it is cursed with a beauty so great. i'm sure that its hard being you.

recommended mp3 - coolidge - trapped


No comments:

Blog Archive