Tuesday, October 22, 2002

the thing about progress, yeah, is that it can be so insulting. It doesn't care about you, it never did. It looks you in the eye, deep down inside, and says, "im moving on; with or without you." and it walks away - never looking back to gauge your reaction. believe me i know, i've been there. when i moved to england last year, peoria decided that since i'm gone to make all these radical changes. there's a baseball stadium just a few miles away on the southside, there's about a million huge shopping centers just north of town. why didn't somebody phone me up and ask if these things were O.K? These are my streets and buildings just as much as anybody else's - this is the road that would take me to jr. high basketball games and thats the intersection where i got my first speeding ticket. here's where my car blew its transmisson out. i'll show you the bump that me and my brother would jump our bikes on. you can't just change things. how dare you. i'm afraid to go to bloomington - that place is a thousand times worse, i would leave for a weekend or just a day and there would be like a whole new section of town just smiling at me - with its brand new black parking lots and white cut stone. but it didn't bother me that much cause bloomington isn't mine, my years at isu were rented, not bought. but peoria is mine or at least it used to be...

today's recommended mp3 - Damien Jurado - Rehersals for Departure

No comments:

Blog Archive